THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION PROCEDURE IS VALID FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS THAT ARE COMING WITHIN THE EXCHANGE STUDENT PROGRAMMES. IF YOU WISH TO ENROL AS A REGULAR STUDENT PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK: HERE.
Name of Institution:
University of Primorska
Faculty of Tourism Studies – Turistica
Obala 11a, SI – 6320 Portorož
T: +386 5 61 77 00 7
F: +386 5 61 77 02 0
Institution website (URL): www.turistica.si
Id Erasmus Code: SI KOPER 03
Erasmus University Charter (EUC): 221927-IC-1-2007-1-SI-ERASMUS-EUC-1
You can get more information for foreign students at UP here: https://welcome.upr.si/en/
FIRST SEMESTER 2020/2021:
Orientation Days for 1st Semester students: 28 September - 30 September 2020 Attendance is highly recommended.
First/Winter semester 2020/2021: 1 October 2020 – 15 January 2021.
SECOND SEMESTER 2020/2021:
Orientation Days for 2nd Semester students: 11 February - 12 February 2021. Attendance is highly recommended.
Second/Spring semester 2020/2021: 15 February – 4 June 2021.
The following procedure applies for incoming students who would like to undertake the exchange period at the University of Primorska within
• Erasmus + student mobility for studies
• Programme CEEPUS*
• Exchange within the interstate agreement (BILATERAL)*
• Exchange within the interuniversity agreement
• OTHER STUDENT MOBILITY** (for exchange mobility within other mobility schemes not mentioned above)
* Only students who have received an approved CEEPUS/bilateral scholarship. You apply within the set deadline online at CEEPUS/ Bilateral Scholarships exchange scheme. Additionally, you should also submit the online application form to the University of Primorska. For more information regarding the application procedure, residence permit, health insurance, accommodation within the CEEPUS exchange program, please visit the web site of the Slovene national agency CMEPIUS.
** FREE-MOVER EXCHANGE STUDENTS: Free-mover students are students of foreign universities who wish to study as exchange students at the University of Primorska outside the existing mobility programs. Faculties charge students the expenses related to their exchange in accordance with their current price lists. The duration of the exchange period of the free-mover student is maximum of two semesters. For prolongation the approval of the faculty is obligatory. Free-mover students shall pay for all travel, accommodation, and other expenses related to their stay in the Republic of Slovenia during their exchange period.
Online application procedure
In order to apply for the exchange mobility at our university, you need to submit the application form.
You need to register first in the online application tool available at the web link: https://vis.upr.si/studij/studexchange/.
After the registration, you will be guided further within the application tool to complete the application procedure and upload the necessary documents.
More information about the VISA & RESIDENCE PERMIT - https://welcome.upr.si/en/
Documents to have upon the arrival
– Establishment of personal registration number (EMŠO);
For the purpose of your registration at the registration office you will also need:
– European health insurance: Please make sure that it is valid through all duration of your stay in Slovenia;
– Copy of the accommodation contract – you will get it at your arrival from your landlord;
– Copy of personal document (ID or passport);
– 2 original photos (dimension 3,5 cm wide and 4,5 cm high);
– Declaration of sufficient means of subsistence in Slovenia in a monthly amount at least equal to the basic minimal income: 402,18 € per month, throughout the duration of your studies in Slovenia.
If the means of subsistence is lower than the basic minimum income you will need some possible proof:
- a) notarized statement from your parents, if they have to support you by the law of your country – relevant for:
– students from BIH, SRB, MNE, Kosovo, if you are younger than 26 years
– students from Turkey and Albania, if you are younger than 25
– students from Ukraine, if you are younger than 23
(all other students have to prove that they actually have the funds – a change from last year!)
In this case, you should enclose to the statement the birth certificate. The parent's statement has to be adequately certified.
b) bank statements for the last 6 funds proving sufficient funds or regular income (have to originals / confirmed from the bank branch and of course translated to Slovenian by a court-appointed translator)
c) confirmation that you are receiving a scholarship of sufficient amount; similar confirmation proving you are receiving regular income (again, translated to Slovenian by a court-appointed translator).
Information / advice on visa (residence permit) application procedures
Students have to follow the first information package they receive by email after the application procedure.
Academic prerequisites (a minimum number of credits obtained at home university before exchange)?
For more information about international mobility see also the site of the University of Primorska.
Academic program information
Course selection and description: www.turistica.si (see Study – International students)
Language of instruction: English
Language level required (in English and / or in local language): B1-C2
Grading system / Passing Grade: 1-10 (6 is the passing grade)
Estimated living costs per month Approximately 600 EUR.